So this is the last post of Jaini’s Swisscapes (Well, at least till I go to Switzerland next, whenever that may be). Many of you have been asking how I planned my trip, so here is the itinerary we planned out. It can serve as a template for your travels to the land of snow, cheese and chocolate.
We traveled around the country by car, driving from one place to the other. If you don’t want to drive, you can opt to travel by train, which is quite efficient.
- Take the Jungfraubahn up to Jungfraujoch
- Explore Interlaken – try some Swiss fondue and shop for iconic Swiss watches and Läderach chocolate
- Visit the Lake Brienz and Lake Thun in Interlaken
- Visit the mountains: Harder Kulm and Schilthorn*
- Visit the Titlis
- Explore Lucerne (or opt for a city tour*)
- Cruise around Lake Lucerne
- Visit Mount Rigi
- Leave Lucerne, Switzerland
*these are activities that we did not do due to time constraints.
If you’d like to download a printable copy of this itinerary, you can find it here.
Here is a video of the highlights of our Swiss escape!
Photos and video footage by Hitesh & Diva Shah